04 Dec Operation Holiday Heroes
Posted at 14:19h in Uncategorized
Help Bring The Joy Of Christmas To Children In Need Throughout Beaufort And Jasper Counties Through Operation Holiday Heroes
United Way of the Lowcountry is proud to partner with Toys for Tots, The Salvation Army, Love House Ministries, Bluffton Self Help and the Deep Well Project again this year to provide Christmas assistance to those in need through Operation Holiday Heroes.
Operation Holiday Heroes is a county-wide collaboration to ensure that every child and family in need throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties has toys and food for Christmas.
Last year, Operation Holiday Heroes provided Christmas gifts and meals to more than 1900 families throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties, including more than 4,000 children.
Ways to Help with Operation Holiday Heroes
- Donate toys by dropping them off at any of the United Way of the Lowcountry offices (Beaufort, Bluffton, Ridgeland) or at one of the many Toys for Tots boxes throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties. For a full list of toy donation drop-off locations, visit
- Make a monetary donation to Operation Holiday Heroes online by clicking HERE or by texting HOLIDAYHERO to 41444. Checks can also be made payable to Operation Holiday Heroes. Send checks to United Way of the Lowcountry, P.O. Box 202, Beaufort, SC 29901 or drop off at United Way of the Lowcountry (Beaufort Office), located at 1277 Ribaut Road. (Contributors who make a monetary donation will be recognized and listed weekly in the Beaufort Gazette/ Island Packet. Please indicate if you wish to remain anonymous.)
- Host a holiday or dinner party and collect gifts for Operation Holiday Heroes.
- Make a donation in memory of a loved one or in honor of them.
- (Businesses) – Become a Toys for Tots Drop-off location by requesting a box on the Toys for Tots website –
Those needing Christmas assistance this holiday season should register at one of the following locations throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties. Please note: Children are not allowed at sign-up or toy distribution.
Northern Beaufort County
Love House Ministries – (843) 525-1043
(423C Parris Island Gateway, Beaufort)
Love House Ministries will be conducting their registration process Tuesday – Thursdays from 12:30 -5:00 pm from November 27th through December 20th. Registrations will be conducted at 423C Parris Island Gateway, Beaufort.
Requirements to receive assistance – Photo ID, proof of residence (lease or electric bill), SS card or birth certificate for each member of the household, proof of household income (check stubs if working or DSS printout if not), and all bills for the household.
Bluffton Self Help – (843) 757-8000
(39 Sheridan Park Circle, Suite 10, Bluffton)
Bluffton Self Help will be conducting their daytime registration process on the following: Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm; 1:00 – 3:00 pm; 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Requirements to receive toys – Photo ID or passport, current utility bill with applicants name on it, birth certificate or court ordered custodial paperwork for each child registering.
Hilton Head Island
Deep Well Project – (843) 785-2849
(80 Capital Drive, HHI)
For those living on Hilton Head Island, Deep Well will be conducting their registration process on the following Saturdays from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm now through December 8th.
Requirements to receive toys: Current utility bill (electric, phone, water or cable) containing the applicant’s name and address, valid phone number as well as the name, birth date and school of each child.
Antioch Life Center – (843) 645-6557 / 7557
(West Main St., Ridgeland, SC 29936)
Registration will take place on the following dates: Tues., Dec. 4th 5:30 – 7 pm; Thurs., December 13th 5:30 – 7 pm; Sat. Dec. 15th 10 am – 12 pm
For more information, contact United Way of the Lowcountry at (843) 982-3040 or visit www.uwlowcountry.org.