26 Oct Operation Holiday Heroes
While it may seem far away, Christmas will be here before we know it. United Way of the Lowcountry is proud to partner with Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, The Beaufort Gazette/ Island Packet, The Salvation Army, Love House Ministries, Bluffton Self Help and Deep Well Project again this year to provide Christmas assistance to those in need through Operation Holiday Heroes.
Operation Holiday Heroes is a county-wide collaboration to ensure that every child and family in need has toys and food for Christmas.
Last year, Operation Holiday Heroes provided Christmas gifts and meals to 1488 families throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties, including 3200 children. This year, United Way of the Lowcountry anticipates those numbers will be much higher as many working families are still struggling to make ends meet due to the impacts of Hurricane Matthew.
Ways to Help with Operation Holiday Heroes
- Donate toys by dropping them off at one of the many Toys for Tots boxes throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties. For a full list of toy donation drop-off locations, visit toysfortots.org
- Make a monetary donation to Operation Holiday Heroes. Make checks payable to Operation Holiday Heroes. Send checks to United Way of the Lowcountry, P.O. Box 202, Beaufort, SC 29901 or drop off at United Way of the Lowcountry (Beaufort Office), located at 1277 Ribaut Road. (Contributors who make a monetary donation will be recognized and listed weekly in the Beaufort Gazette/ Island Packet. Please indicate if you wish to remain anonymous.)
- Host a holiday or dinner party and collect gifts for Operation Holiday Heroes.
- Make a donation in memory of a loved one or in honor of them.
- (Businesses) – Become a Toys for Tots Drop-off location by requesting a box on the Toys for Tots website – toysfortots.org
If you need Christmas assistance, reach out by registering for Operation Holiday Heroes. Those needing assistance this holiday season, should register at one of the following locations throughout Beaufort and Jasper Counties. Please note: Children are not allowed at sign-up or toy distribution.
Northern Beaufort County
Love House Ministries – phone: (843) 525-1043 (423C Parris Island Gateway, Beaufort)
Love House Ministries will be conducting their registration process Tuesday – Thursdays from 12:30 – 5:00 pm now through December 22nd.
Bluffton Self Help – phone: (843) 757-8000 (39 Sheridan Park Circle, Suite 10, Bluffton)
Bluffton Self Help will be conducting their registration process from November 28th – December 10th.
Hilton Head Island
Deep Well Project – phone: (843) 785-2849 (80 Capital Drive, HHI)
If you live on Hilton Head Island, Deep Well will be conducting their registration process on the following Saturdays from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm: November 19th, 26th and December 3rd.
Bluffton Self Help is collaborating with the Antioch Educational Center, Agape Family Life Center, Community First, and Community of One to provide Christmas assistance to Jasper and Hampton counties. Registrations will be conducted at the below sites:
Antioch Tarboro Center – phone: (843)645-9400
Jasper County School (old high school) – November 29th from 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Agape Family Life Center – phone: (843)784-6008 (5855 South Okatie Highway, Hardeeville)
Registrations from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm on Monday – Thursday now through December 8th