United Way of the Lowcountry continues its partnership with Together For Beaufort to offer free tax preparation through the Lowcountry Area VITA Coalition. This is targeted outreach to working families to work with volunteers trained to help them apply for Earned Income Tax Credits.
IRS-certified volunteers in Beaufort County are available to provide free income tax assistance to low-to-moderate income, elderly, differently-abled, and limited English proficient (LEP) individuals and families. Tax preparation begins on January 29 and end April 18, 2018. Additional locations may be added based on regional needs and the availability of organizations willing to host volunteers. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 843-321-9071 or visit www.vitalowcountry.org
• Proof of identification (photo ID)
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
• Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents
• Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
• All Forms 1095 (A, B, C), Health Insurance Statements
• Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
To file your taxes online at no charge, visit http://www.myfreetaxes.com.
The Lowcountry Area Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Coalition has been serving our community since 2008 with support from generous sponsors. For more information, visit: http://www.vitalowcountry.org