Salvation Army – SavannahSalvation Army – Savannah Contact: Captain Marion, Linda James
Emergency/Transitional Shelter – The Salvation Army provides a host of social
service programs available to the homeless population, job placement, medical
assistance and basic-needs programs. This can include case management, life
skills, access to telephones, mail delivery, laundry, showers and personal storage
areas. 2 hot meals a day plus snacks.
Rehabilitation Program – The Salvation Army provides residential
rehabilitation services for men who are battling homelessness, poverty,
unemployment and chemical and substance dependency. The Rehabilitation
Center operates and manages all local Salvation Army thrift and family stores.
Proceeds from the sale of items at Salvation Army thrift and family stores benefit
the programs and services of the local Rehabilitation Center. Professional and
spiritual counseling programs are also available, job training, placement, and
work rehabilitation services.
• Project Share – Electric, Gas, Water, Rent Assistance and RX Assistance.
Clients must provide documentation of income, expenses for all persons in
household. Receipts for expenses paid. Dispossessory warrant along with copy
of lease. Cut Off notice from utility company. (Chatham Co. Residents Only)
• Prevention Services, Financial assistance. Financial and intense Case
Management to keep individuals and families in their home. Utility,
Housing, ,moving, and financial counseling.
• Furnishing – is provided to fire victims and individuals moving out of public
shelter. Must have referral. Furnishing is not always readily available.
• Food Assistance – Available for walk-ins 9-11:30 and 1- 4. If receiving food
stamps, must have a referral from DFCS case worker with verifiable need.
• Soup Kitchen– We will feed anyone Monday – Sunday at 6pm.
• Clothing Assistance – Verifiable need.
• Thrift Stores – 3100 Montgomery Street and 42 W. Montgomery Cross Roads.
Provides low cost clothing and household items.
• Disaster Services – Provides responses to critical work force. Emergency food
and shelter for victim of disasters (manmade or natural)
3100 Montgomery Street Savannah GA 31405